Most of us make an appointment to see the dentist twice a year for cleanings and then to have a cavity or two filled occasionally. And from time to time, one of your teeth might give you pain and then go away like nothing ever happened—sometimes referred to as phantom tooth pain. So, it’s hard to tell when you need to visit a dentist in Lighthouse Point right away. Leaving a tooth that flares up until later to take care of it can be worse than visiting the dentist immediately to check out what the problem is. Nine times out of ten, that tooth is going to get worse and cost you more money in the long run. The good news is at Single Visit Dentistry; we can complete everything you need to fix your smile in just one visit. From fillings, teeth whitening and root canals to crowns and veneers, Dr. Edwin Delz, DDS, and his caring, skilled staff will help you get your bright smile back in no time and pain-free.
1. Severe toothache – If your tooth pain lingers and gets worth throughout the day, it can be a sign of a cracked or infected tooth. Likewise, if your tooth is sensitive to hot or cold, it can be an indication that a root canal is necessary. If you have a severe toothache that won’t go away, the best thing to do is to contact the team at Single Visit Dentistry. Our professional staff will do everything to ensure that your problem is taken care of that same day. You won’t ever leave our office in pain.
2. Loose teeth – If you’ve had a recent sports tooth injury that knocked your jaw out of alignment, which could cause a loose tooth. Gum disease and tooth decay can also result in bone loss, which leads to loss of teeth. Some tips for keeping teeth and gums in top shape include brushing twice per day; flossing once per day; not smoking; wearing a properly fitted mouthguard while playing sports.
3. Abnormal bleeding and painful gums – Some bleeding in your gums after you brush isn’t a cause for immediate alarm. As we grow older, our gums start to recede, and we lose bone. Bleeding gums can also be a hereditary condition or an indication of a brewing infection. If your gums hurt and are suffering more than usual, it’s time to see a dentist in Lighthouse Point.
4. Cracked tooth – Certain foods like hard nuts and candy can take a toll on our teeth resulting in a cracked tooth if we are not careful. If your tooth has broken, you might feel a dull ache that comes on suddenly could be full-blown pain. Whatever the scenario, if you have a cracked tooth, your pain will get progressively worse; it’s just a matter of time. It’s best to contact a dentist immediately to see if the tooth can be saved or if an implant will be the best course of action.
5. Abscessed tooth – typically, an abscessed tooth indicates an infection and is caused by a cavity that has been left untreated for a long time. Usually, this infection can result in pain and fever, so the faster you get to the dentist in Lighthouse Point, the better your chances are in alleviating the pain and treating the tooth back to health.
Put your trust in the experts
Here at Single Visit Dentistry, we provide emergency dental care in Lighthouse Point when needed. Dr. Edwin Delz, DDS, and his dedicated team have years of professionalism and experience in helping people repair their precious smiles. Some of our other services include periodontal health concerns; Face First Ortho for Adults; Facial Beauty and Balance, Safe-Snore TM; 3D Imaging, and CEREC Cosmetics. When you’re looking for a professional to assist with all your dental needs, whether it’s general dentistry, orthodontia, cosmetic dentistry, or teeth whitening, consider us your trusted resource. Rest assured, our experienced, caring staff will get to the root of the problem utilizing our state-of-the-art dental equipment and pain-free techniques. Don’t suffer another minute with tooth pain. Contact us today for a free dental consultation at (954) 870-4781.